Stress isn’t all in your head.
Stress physiology may affect:
how we feel, think, learn and connect
response to our sensory environment
ability to slow down and create work-life balance
relationships with food, others and ourselves
energy levels, sleep quality, digestion and access to creativity
decision-making, communication, goal-setting, follow-through and more
The Safe and Sound Protocol is an evidence-based tool designed to reset the nervous system. Specially filtered music stimulates the vagus nerve.
Suitable for children and adults, the SSP has demonstrated benefits for individuals with chronic and traumatic stress, anxiety, sensory processing differences, chronic pain, ADHD and other challenges.
I help clients regulate their stress response so they can feel, think and connect better.
I’m certified in Dr. Stephen Porges’ Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP). Adults, teens and children can find positive shifts in their stress levels with SSP. For some this translates to positive effects on pain, attention, environmental sensitivities or overall sense of stress. For others, it might look like greater ability to handle transitions in a classroom, a gentler relationship with food or more pronounced gains from other support modalities. As a licensed educator, I enjoy working with all ages. As a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), I help clients use their strengths to create wellness.
I bring a somatic (body) focus to my work. This means in a session we may note physical sensations and physiological shifts. Sessions are tailored to each individual and prioritize a sense of safety, nervous system regulation and resourcing.
As a Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) Practitioner, I help clients get to know and shape their stress response. Clients listen to a music-based app to help dampen fight-flight-freeze.
With the SSP coaching approach, we move at a just-right-speed for your nervous system. At times we pause. We notice sensations. We wrap language around feelings of safety and danger. Co-listening allows for a sense of grounding.
After SSP, clients may choose to continue with coaching. Here, they may find themselves with greater capacity and resilience to create change.
A body-oriented approach
Nervous system education
Positive psychology resources
Education and Certifications
Elementary Education, Bachelor’s degree
Foundations of Positive Psychology, Specialization, University of Pennsylvania
Unyte-iLs Safe and Sound Protocol Certification
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach, NBC-HWC
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, FMCHC
Lifetime State Certifications: Early Childhood through Grade 6 Education
- Somatic Experiencing (Intermediate Level Student)
- DIR 101: Introduction to DIR and Floortime, ICDL International Council of Development and Learning
- Interpersonal Neurobiology of the Developing Mind, Mindsight Institute Certificate of Completion, Dr. Dan Siegel
- Beyond Behaviors: Neuroscience-based Tools to Transform Childhood Behaviors, Dr. Mona Delahooke, Psychotherapy Networker
- Deb Dana’s Polyvagal Informed Master Class, Psychotherapy Networker
- Applied Polyvagal Theory in Yoga, Levels 1 + 2, Dr. Arielle Schwartz + Dr. Stephen Porges, The Embody Lab
- HeartMath Training: Clinical Certification for Stress, Anxiety and Self-Regulation
- The Art and Science of Polyvagal Theory, Dr. Stephen Porges + Deb Dana, LCSW, Polyvagal Institute
- Embodied Recovery for Eating Disorders, Tier 1
Read More About Me